While I always encourage you to squeeze in at least a couple intense (but short!) training sessions a week, there are many more ways to stay in good shape.#Fitness is a state of mind. Click To Tweet
Here’s a list of simple yet effective tips that your body will love:
- Before you have coffee or tea, start your day with a pint glass of water (room temperature or warmer) and make sure to hydrate during the day
- Run or cycle to work
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Don’t sit motionless for longer than an hour at a time. Get up, take a few steps, do a few stretches. Your spine will be thankful and increased blood flow will boost your productivity
- Try swapping a regular desk for a standing one. Some people swear by it! Or if you work from home on a laptop, you could use a breakfast bar or kitchen counter like I do sometimes.
- Snack of nuts and fruit throughout the day
- Be a domestic goddess (or a god). The bigger your house, the more calories you’ll burn while cleaning the floor!
- If you’re in the habit of watching telly in the evening, try getting off the couch. Do a few simple exercises like circling your knees and hips, a few squats, maybe a stretch.
Not long ago, Decathlon sports stores organised a fun event getting people to move while doing alternative sports. And no, I don’t mean skateboarding! Think along the lines of… a competition in tying your shoes. Whatever makes you move, it all counts as being active! 😉